Saturday, February 6, 2010

OG Willy Wonka






















So I watched the original 1971 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory today and it reminded me of all the bickering i had with many people (mostly the young ones) about how the new Tim Burton Johnny Depp version is better.  This is absolute bull shit,  The 1971 version is one of the greatest films of our time, the strange humor and almost acid trip vibe the entire movie has will never be topped.  I love Tim Burton movies they are some of my favorites and Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors, but I am sure if you asked Burton himself he wouldn't think his film was better either.  The visuals and all the special effects of the newer film are great and everything that was done was great and I am sure all the ten year old's out their will love their version just as much as I love mine.  But all in all you can't fix what isn't broken.  Go ahead and rewrite the bible or repaint the Mona Lisa maybe you can do it better.  So please if you disagree please by all means post a comment telling me I am wrong and I will unleash a verbal assault upon you, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment